In the UK, a well-designed and fitted deck can add up to 10% value to your home.
There are many benefits to installing a deck onto your property, as it extends a buyer’s perception of the amount of usable living space.
Decks aren’t only great for financial purposes, but they also offer an aesthetic appeal. Decking is an ideal, low-maintenance space where you can host, relax, and enjoy the environment around you to its fullest.
But what would be the point in installing a deck if it didn’t last? There are many different types of decking, each with their own advantages, but what decking material lasts the longest?
Let’s get into the facts…
Advantages of Wood Decking
- Natural material
- Authentic texture
- Blends well with existing structural design
- Has a homely, warm feel
Disadvantages of Wood Decking
- Prone to damage
- Requires maintenance and treatment
- Fading can occur over time, resulting in the need for annual staining and painting
- Susceptive to splinters and/or cracks
- Susceptive to swelling through water-absorption, resulting in the need for waterproofing and sealing
Advantages of PVC Decking
- Resistant to insects and waters
- Little risk of rotting
Disadvantages of PVC Decking
- Synthetic to the touch
- Lacks the authenticity and aesthetic qualities of wood
Advantages of Aluminium and Steel Decking
- The longest-lasting decking material (when correctly installed by a professional builder, steel decking can have a lifespan of 60+ years)
- Attractive in the right environment
- Easy to clean
Disadvantages of Aluminium and Steel Decking
- Needs a basic maintenance cycle, consisting of desalting and coating
- Can dent or scratch
- Reflects heat
- Susceptible to saltwater corrosion
Advantages of Composite Decking
- Can last for decades (30+ years)
- Has the appeal of authentic wood decking, without the maintenance
- Contains both wood and plastic
- More aesthetically attractive than wood
- Strong and durable
- Doesn't splinter and/or crack
- Resistant to insects
- Resistant to moisture
Disadvantages of Composite Decking
- More expensive than wood decking
Why choose our composite decking?
At DeckPlus, we have a passion for outdoor living and luxury decking design. With three decades of industry experience behind us, we champion the quality of our products, so we will only ever put forward advice of the highest quality.
Our team of outdoor flooring experts are anything but rookies – we are a team of thriving outdoor living brands, and we’ve been setting the pace in garden décor for 2004.
Depending on your budget, our composite wood decking boards have warranties ranging from 10 years to 30 years, ensuring that your deck looks brand new for decades to come.
If you still need convincing, take a look at our case study video below to see what our decking looks like after 10 years.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any more information on our range of products or advice; we’re always happy to help and eager to please.
Enquire Today Order Free Samples